Monday, March 14, 2011

Water color pencils

Hello there.

Water color pencils? What are they? Well, they are pencils that you can use as pencils and to use with either a blending pen or a water brush to paint with. They can give a soft look to your project, it all depends on how much color you use. I love using them. They are a good start for those that want to use Copic markers but don't have the money. These are affordable and you can start to use right away and you don't have to build up your collection before you can blend well like you do with Copics. they need to have at least three markers in the same color family to blend well for each color. Don't get me wrong. I love the Copics as well. I have some, but my stash is small. ;-) So the CTMH Water Color Pencils keep me going while I slowly build up my Copic Stash.

With that being said let me show you what I have done with my water color pencils.

Using the March Stamp Of The Month Sensational seasons I made the card that is in my previous post using the pencils. I also colored in the image of the two bunnies with the carrots.


Here is the basket of eggs that I made. I also made a video showing how I stamped and colored the basket. Please check it out and leave a comment. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog :D

    I thought I recognized that basket so I went and watched your video... again! Turns out I saw it for the first time on Big Red Scraps. Thank you for that. I've been using nothing but staze-on (for a paler look I'll "stamp off") for water colors but I loved your demonstrated technique!

    ReplyDelete