Sunday, September 11, 2011

9~11

There isn't much that I can say that can convey what I am feeling.
On September 11th 2001, I watched as the twin towers of the World Trade Center were hit by airplanes and crumbled to the ground. I sat there in the kitchen staring and crying. My heart sinking with every thought that I had of those who were stuck inside the building and couldn't get out. I cried for the 1st responders who risked their lives to save whom ever may be still alive and those who never made it back home to their families. I cried for the families of the victims and I prayed that they find peace and strength, knowing that  they will be fighting for the rest of their lives for answers and longing to hold their loved ones that will no longer be coming home. I held my baby boy in my arms sobbing like a child and fighting the urge to run to my other sons school to get him out and hold him tight, never wanting to let go! I have cried for the bravery of those of United Flight 93. I am astound at how they were able to push their fear aside and take action to insure that more people would not get hurt. They may not have been able to push that fear completely aside. To hear all the testimonies of family who have recorded messages from passengers of that flight tares at my heart strings to no end!
For the 2,973 people who perished September 11, 2001 after hijacked planes crashed in New York City in Arlington, Virginia and in Pennsylvania. The victims were mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers of many faiths and races who came from more than 80 nations.
All who were killed died working and living the American dream.
I will never forget!!!! I honor and hold with much respect for our men and women who are over seas fighting to keep freedom alive and the ones that are disabled and those will never make it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment