Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthy??

I have posted that I would keep track of what I have/have not been doing to get more healthy.
Well this past week I have been keeping track of what I normally eat. No changing my diet or daily routine.
I can tell you that I am really disappointed in myself with my discipline.
 My daily eating habits: Hot Tea with 3 heaping teaspoons of sugar and whole milk for breakfast.
 Lunch was essentially non existent.
 Dinner was what ever I made, Chicken mostly, or pasta, and yes I am ashamed to say this, canned veggies.
It is what I grew up on and was used to it. I do know how to cook and steam fresh veggies. I would make them maybe every 2 weeks. Other items on the menu, frozen pizza(which is ashame since I do know how to make fresh pizza dough and all the fixings)
I would snack on the most unhealthy things all day long, Stuff like potato chips (my favorite, sour cream and onion). My sweet husband would go shopping and buy it because they were on sale and he knows I like them, (same thing with Soda) even after I would express that I was the one who would be eating it all. (In my defence I didn't want the money spent go to waste ;-) )
He has gotten better with his purchases but we would still buy it for the boys b-day parties or if we knew company was coming over. Now I am thinking that we owe it to our company to have something that is better for them besides chips, buffalo dip, crab dips, Chips.......

I know that this is going to be a long journey for me and I am willing to do the work!  It is going to be hard to get into the habit of eating more meals (smaller portions) each day.

As far as exercise, I have continued to take my walks. My goal is to be able to work up to a nice jog. I use my walks as a warm up to my warm up. I just need to push myself more and learn more about properly executing the movements for various exercises. I have a pretty general idea, I used to work out a lot when I was younger and i feel that I can do what ever I put my mind to.

I also have to say that my 18 year old hasn't had soda for a little over a year now. I am so proud of him. He does make it a point to say something to me when I have some. It is good to know that he is concerned and there to remind me of what I am trying to accomplish. Although it may not feel that way in the moment. lol

Next week I hope that I'll have some better news to report on my progress. Thanks for listening and I hope that you take a moment to reflect on what you can do for yourself and your family to make a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment