Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Habbits......

What are they and how do they become a form habit?
We start off doing something and think to ourselves that "this is just temporary" or "it's nothing."
Nasty habits seem to happen over night. You know.... the not putting the cap on the toothpaste because your running late and it never seams to make it back on or leaving a basket of Laundry to be folded for days and then later looking for your favorite shirt or spending that money on a magazine that you really don't read when you could be putting it into savings for something special for yourself. We are quick to spend money and complain that we don't have enough. While good habits seam to take some real effort to form not to mention they take FOREVER to get to the second nature point.

Weather is something that you want to incorporate for your health, organization, finances or just plain Ole Peace of Mind, you can start to change them by picking one thing to change at a time. It usually takes about 28 days or repetitive action for something to become a habit. So start with something small and work your way up to your bigger goals. Write a list of what you want to accomplish. Then break that list down into sections, "what can I work on now", What can you do to reinforce this habit and most importantly what will you reward yourself with once you have accomplished your goal.

I am no expert on this matter, but I do know that this does work. So let's work together on forming healthy habits ( it can be anything you want it to be). You'll be surprised at how much better you'll feel.

My list of habits to start with ( I have many more but I won't over do it which can make you feel overwhelmed and uninspired) When possible... have a visual of your goals.That always keeps you motivate!

Healthy Habit #1...... Eating Breakfast every day! This is a biggie for me. I often skip out on breakfast, not because I don't have time to eat or anything like that. To be honest I have all the time in the world and I don't know why I don't.
Healthy Habit #2........ make time to work out. Get physical as Olivia Newton John once said. lol A little LMFAO "I work out" inspiration inserted here ;-)
(thanks to my son that song gets stuck in my head more times than I'd like to admit.
Healthy Habit #3.......... keeping my calendar updated! (not to mention my blog!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment